A Listing Agent or Seller’s Agent is one who works for the Seller Client to sell their home in the shortest amount of time and at the best price. You hire and enter a contract with a Listing Agent or Seller’s Agent when you want to sell your home or property.
Some people naively think they can save the monies that would go towards commission and represent themselves in For Sale By Owner (FSBO) transactions. I can understand the underlying sentiment, but it truly is to your advantage to work with a reputable REALTOR® like me. According to a 2014 National Association of REALTORS® survey, the typical FSBO home sold for $210,000 compared to $249,000 for agent-assisted home sales.
Listing Agents are going to have more access to qualified buyers, and have the knowledge and resources to determine the best asking price for your home. It’s not as easy as going online to sites like Realtor.com, Zillow or Trulia. Unfortunately, people don’t realize the home valuations and marketing data on most of these sites are based on incomplete methodologies and they don’t provide the most accurate information. Your local market trends and factors need to be factored in when developing a sales price. And, for a seller, this is an emotional decision and it can be difficult to look at your home objectively, without the emotional ties. A Listing Agent takes the emotions out of the process, so the home can be priced realistically and at a point in which it will sell. You need a Listing Agent to give you a true comparison and market analysis.
People usually aren’t aware of the many legal requirements when selling a home. Do you know what a Property Disclosure Form is? As a Broker Associate REALTOR®, I know what these legal requirements are, and it’s part of my job to make sure all the forms, disclosures, etc. are handled properly and ethically.
Likewise, people often don’t understand the time involved in marketing a property for sale. I work with you to create the most effective, quickest strategies to sell your home. We will cover all the features of your home that would most entice buyers, then I’ll make sure to include that information in our marketing campaign. There are a number of things I can offer you such as listing in the MLS, email and social media campaigns, fliers, brochures, open houses and more. Check out Marketing Your Home and 7 Reasons Why You Should Work with a REALTOR® for more information.
Bottom line, you will most likely sell your property quicker, for more profit and with less headache and stress by using a professional Listing Agent. Let me be that professional for you!
What I Offer You
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS)—Your property will be listed in the MLS so agents across the local area, state and even the entire country can show their buyers what’s available. This is where your largest pool of potential qualified buyers will come from.
- Comparable Sales (comps)—I’ll have access to sales for houses with similar sizes, features and materials in your neighborhood so you can compare apples to apples when deciding on an asking price.
- Market Knowledge and Conditions—I know buying and selling trends of local areas and I know what features rate higher in our area, so I will be able to help you decide on the best asking price for your home.
- Marketing Strategy—You and I will decide on the best marketing plan for selling your property. This includes listing in the MLS, photos, email and social media campaigns, open houses, fliers, etc.
- Negotiating Skills—I’ll negotiate on your behalf to get the highest selling price for your property. I’ll help you decide the merits of each offer and guide you on counteroffers if needed. This is one of my most important jobs as your Listing Agent.
- Qualified Buyers—I’ll make sure prospective buyers are pre-qualified. I won’t waste your time with people “just looking” or who haven’t been pre-approved for financing a home in your price range.
- Selling Process—Selling a home isn’t as easy as putting up a “For Sale” sign in the front yard. Navigating the real estate marketing can be tricky and confusing without the help of an experienced agent to walk you through the process. (But, I’ll still put up that “For Sale” sign for you.)
- Reliable Professional Network—I’ll help you decide what improvements should be made to increase the sales value of your home as well as reduce the time it’s on the market. I have a reputable network of contractors, inspectors and consultants to share with you as needed.
- Safety—I’ll provide a lockbox for your front door so other agents can show the home to their clients. You will be notified and given appropriate time before any showings.
- Oversee Closing Process—I’ll work with you and the Buyer’s Agent to ensure all contingencies have been met so we can have a smooth, uneventful closing.
- Legal Requirements—There is a maze of legal requirements when selling property. I know what needs to be done to protect you in today’s litigious society.
Who Pays the Listing Agent?
Commissions are paid by the the Seller. This includes any commission paid to a Buyer’s Agent. The commission is set by the Seller when listing the property with their Listing Agent.
I know the world of real estate can be confusing, and it has a language all its own. I’ve put together a Glossary of Real Estate Terms to help you. As your REALTOR®, I will answer any questions you have about these terms and about home/property buying and selling.
My Responsibilities to You
- Tell you everything I learn about any potential buyers. This can help you understand a buyer’s urgency, financial situation, maximum asking price, etc.
- Never divulge any of your information including why are you selling, any deadlines you are facing or what your lowest acceptable offer would be.
- Negotiate the best price for you. I have a fiduciary responsibility to you to get the best price possible.
- Follow your instructions. I will keep you informed of all offers unless you direct me otherwise.
- Sell your property in the quickest time frame possible.
- Aggressively market your property.
- Ensure all legal disclosures are properly executed.
From Baby Boomers through the Silent Generation, there are a myriad of details to consider as we and our family members age: asset protection, estate planning, tax considerations, government benefits, housing options and so much more. You may wonder if a reverse mortgage may be right for you or your loved ones. Or, is it time to downsize because of health issues or financial concerns. You may be at a loss as to where the best communities are located for those over 50.
I’ve personally experienced the challenges that people face as they age, whether they are empty nesters as me and my wife currently are, or if they (or their family members) are in their 70s, 80s and 90s. My family and I moved back to Mississippi in 2010 to help my sister take care of my aging parents who were in their 80s and 90s at the time. We learned firsthand how difficult it can be to handle the real estate and financial needs of the elderly.
SRES® designees like me are REALTORS® qualified to address the needs of home buyers and sellers age 50+, and we’re able to help you navigate through major financial and lifestyle transitions in relocating, refinancing, or selling the family home. I understand how to distinguish characteristics and trends of the 50+ market, so that I can discern them in your own market area. I’m able to evaluate your market area attractiveness to the 50+ market. I understand federal laws for Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA), and I know about the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages. I understand the uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions, and I know how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact 50+ real estate decisions. Likewise, I know how to recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and other scams that victimize 50+ borrowers, so I can better help you not fall victim to such tactics.
I’ve assembled a team of experts to help serve my 50+ clients, and I would be more than happy to put my knowledge and team to work for you.
Why Sell With Gary?
A Valid Question
No doubt you are asking yourself, “Why should I trust Gary Haygood to sell my home or property and to negotiate the best price for me? What knowledge and experience does Gary Haygood bring to the table that will insure a smooth transaction?” And, these are perfectly valid questions. Let me briefly answer your concerns.
Not all real estate agents are equal, and I bring more to the table than most realtors. Leveraging my experience as a successful business owner, I am known for outstanding client service, 24/7 availability, and creative marketing techniques. I’m also a skilled negotiator who puts my clients’ best interests at heart.
I make it my personal goal to get you the best possible price for your property. I understand that selling your home is one of the most biggest decisions you will ever make. I understand the trepidation and concerns you may have. I’m here to alleviate as much stress from the process as possible for you. I take the responsibility seriously.
You can view more specifics about my qualifications, experience, values and much more on the Why Choose Gary page.
I have undertaken additional training and certification to become a Broker Associate with the Seniors Real Estate Specialists® (SRES®) designation. Earning my SRES® means I’m certified to specifically address the needs of home buyers and sellers age 50+.
But, it’s more than my designations that make me, Gary Haygood, the right person to be your REALTOR®.
Metro Jackson Area Specialist
I specialize in Metro Jackson Area homes and properties, although I’m able to help you relocate anywhere in Mississippi or, if needed, outside of the state. I’m active in the marketplace and have extensive knowledge about properties throughout the Metro Jackson area.
I understand selling your home is one of the biggest decisions you will make. And, whatever those reasons may be–upgrading, downsizing, relocating, divorce, death, aging issues–it is about more than money; it’s an emotional and personal decision. You should work with a REALTOR® that will take the time to understand your needs and desired outcomes, someone that has the drive and determination someone willing to do whatever it takes to sell your house at the price you want and in the shortest amount of time.
I am that kind of REALTOR®. I make the same pledge to each of my clients: I will be committed to doing whatever it takes to help you achieve your goals whether buying or selling.
Are you relocating to this area? Looking for more information to help you find the right city and neighborhood for your family? Perhaps, you are just looking to move across town. Using me as your Listing Agent will make any move go quicker and easier. Check out our Community Resources and Communities to find helpful information on Jackson Metro Area homes.
More than a Realtor!
As a Licensed Professional Landscape Architect (PLA), my background in Residential and Commercial Landscape Architecture brings both my Buyer Clients and my Seller Clients added benefits. I can provide a creative vision for improving curb appeal, and designing or reworking exterior spaces to better accommodate your needs. I provide my Seller Clients professional advice on ways to improve curb appeal and best position their home to sell, even if working on a shoestring budget. I can help Buyers see a property’s potential, even helping them decide between lots based on both the landscape architecture potential and the costs to achieve the private oasis you desire. I know how to take advantage of the best views and the natural elements within your site.
Although many people think we are “landscapers” and install plants, in reality, PLAs conceptualize the design and create architectural plans similar to that of other architects. We then work with landscape contractors to implement those designs. In a nutshell, we work with the natural environment to create inviting outdoor spaces.
I’ve amassed nearly 30 years of commercial landscape architect experience working on high-end projects across the Southeast. This wide-ranging commercial experience allows me to bring my residential clients a unique blend of styles and creativity not common in the Mississippi market. I like to use my experience in luxury design to bring a resort feeling with an element of “Wow!” to my residential clients.
A natural, meandering style or a contemporary, urban style. An outdoor cooking and living area or a secluded relaxing spot nestled in your backyard. Or a pool complete with fountains. Whether you need to improve the curb appeal of your home so you can get the best possible price, or you want to create the oasis of your dreams in your backyard, I’m able help you. I have extensive experience in the residential market and work with residential projects of any size. Or, if you need to discuss a site’s potential for residential or commercial use, I’m available to discuss feasible options with you.